23 Mar How to Receive a Virtual Hug
- Visualize the person who sent it to you
- Remember a time when you got/gave a hug that was really satisfying and comforting
- Bring your awareness to your body
- Recall the experience of that comforting hug.
- The touch of the arms around you.
- The feel of the other person in your arms.
- Your head against them.
- Maybe you can remember the scent of their hair, clothes, skin.
- Were there sounds as you relaxed into the hug? Can you hear them in your mind?
- Summon that comfort as fully as you can
- Now, keeping that memory in your awareness, imagine that all of the cells of your body are like little sponges, able to soak up and drink in the experience
- Allow your body to absorb the physical memories of being hugged
- Feel it filling you up and becoming part of your cellular memory
- Bring your mind back to the person who sent you a virtual hug
- Imagine them there with you, hugging you as you were hugged in the past
You have now fully received their virtual hug!